Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
News
September 10, 2013!

WE'RE HIRING! If you're interested in applying please email me at simplifiedlivingmag@gmail.com. - Nik

July 16th 2013!

Hey everyone! SLM has taken over social media outlets! Follow us on Twitter and Tumblr, like us on Facebook and subcribe to our Youtube channel!

-SLM Staff

Latest topics
» Full Ultra Lounge Set Store Contest Review
Full Ultra Lounge Set Store Contest Review EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 5:19 pm by aricarai

» Storybook Living Room Set Store Content Review
Full Ultra Lounge Set Store Contest Review EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 5:12 pm by aricarai

» Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes Store Content Review
Full Ultra Lounge Set Store Contest Review EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 4:46 pm by aricarai

» What's Your Favorite CAW made World?
Full Ultra Lounge Set Store Contest Review EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:32 pm by WibbleLikeAJelly

» CC-Free Berry World
Full Ultra Lounge Set Store Contest Review EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:58 am by Guest

Full Ultra Lounge Set Store Contest Review

Go down

Full Ultra Lounge Set Store Contest Review Empty Full Ultra Lounge Set Store Contest Review

Post  aricarai Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:19 pm

Name of Set: Full Ultra Lounge
Reviewer: nerdy3000
Price of set: 1,900 simpoints
*Pictures coming soon*

Today I am reviewing my absolute favorite set: Full Ultra Lounge Set! This set comes with: Ultra Lounge Outdoor, Ultra Lounge Study, Ultra Lounge Bedroom, Ultra Lounge Dining and Ultra Lounge Living.

This set comes with furniture only, so no clothes or premium content. The items included are absolutely gorgeous! One of the biggest things for me is the color on the sofas! I LOVE that green color, it’s so bright,bouncy, and fun! The patterns that come with the set are also fantastic, especially the one that comes with the bed! The set also comes with a few build mode objects: two arches, two doors, two fences, stairs, two windows and two gates – all of which look stunning! The three paintings that come with this look fantastic in modern homes, and I use them a lot! One build mode object that I haven’t mentioned yet is the fireplace. I have singled that item out because it is one of my absolute, absolute favorites! The colors look perfect and that design… amazing! The bookshelf that comes with the set is also really cool, as it looks so modern and the design is unique. There are also two lamps with this set, one of which is only 40 simoleons, so when building a starter home you can get a lovely lamp for a very low price! The coffee table and matching end table also look brilliant, and the glass surfaces give them a really nice feel. There are, of course, many more wonderful items, but the ones I’ve mentioned are just some of my favorites.

So, moving on to the pros and cons of this set. Well, the biggest pro is that elements of this set, whether that would be just one or two, or almost the whole lot, there is always at least an item or two that works with whichever style of house your Sims live in, and gives it a really gorgeous, stylish feel. Another pro is that it comes with new patterns, patterns that I happen to use quite a lot. The patterns are not similar to any other EA patterns, and can be recolored to match the theme of any room really nicely. Yet another pro for me is that since I build modern homes often, I find that these items fit in with the modern style well and I tend to use them a lot.

And now for the cons – my biggest one would probably be the fact that this doesn't come with any premium content items. I suppose it is difficult to come up with a PC item with this theme, but I’m sure that EA could have thought of something extra to add in. Extra game play options are always much appreciated by me when getting a set, and this one didn't come with any. Another con is that only one wall decoration (other than pictures) came with the set. There could have been a few different shelf types to mix and match, and not only the small (though lovely) shelf. My final con is that there could have been more windows. I mean, sure, the two that come with the set are really great, but one of them is really a community lot only style, and the other one is great, but it is rather large, and a few different window options would have been nice, as I don’t really use the two windows that come with the set that much.

So, as I mentioned in the cons, there are some items that I think should have been added. As well as those three, there are a few other items that may also have been a great addition. The bed that comes with the set is beautiful but a second bed style would have been really great, and while not a con of mine, since the set did come with a really nice bed style, I think that another bed would have been great. My other not-necessary-but-much-appreciated item idea would have been an easel, as my Sims LOVE to paint. Or if not an easel then some other form of entertainment for the living room, something more than just a television.

The reason that this set is my absolute favorite is because, as I said before, I build modern homes often and the items really fit in. I also love this set because all the items, especially the living room ones, are absolutely awesome, brilliant, and gorgeous items -  I tend to overuse them a lot. The few decorative items were really well thought out and well created. You can clearly see that EA put a lot of thought into this set, with both the ideas and the designing of the objects themselves.
And here at the end, I’m just going to put a little side note. Only one television comes with the actual set, but in the store there is a free television that is clearly a freebie part of the Ultra Lounge Set. It is a floor TV, with a really unique style, and I love it to bits!
aricarai
aricarai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum